Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Please apply before October 31, 2017 to ensure your inclusion in the 2018 I'm First! Guide to College.
Colleges and universities that share our commitment to supporting low-income and first-generation college students are invited to apply for inclusion in Strive for College’s community of College Partners.
College Partners are four-year, residential colleges and universities who succeed in retaining and graduating low-income and first-generation college students and demonstrate a clear commitment to these students by virtue of the campus programs and services that support them.
College Partners become part of a strong network of peer institutions similarly committed to supporting low-income and first-generation college students. Through our programs, colleges are able to directly reach prospective students while promoting and strengthening their institution's efforts on behalf of low-income and first-generation college students.
Before you apply, please remember:
1) Your institution must be a four-year, residential college or university with a commitment to supporting low-income and first-generation students to and through college;
2) Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Please apply before October 31, 2017 to ensure your inclusion in the 2018 I'm First! Guide to College
3) The online application must be completed in one sitting and contains a few brief questions for you to provide information about your institution's efforts on behalf of first-generation college students. We estimate the application to take 30-45 minutes to complete on average. To view the questions and prepare answers in advance, you may download a paper copy
4) As a nonprofit organization, we ask College Partners to fulfill an annual partnership contribution* to sustain and grow our programs. A chart detailing the levels of partnership and respective benefits is on Page 4.
*NOTE: We now offer an alternative, reduced partnership contribution option for federally designated Minority-serving Institutions (MSIs) and multi-year discounts for institutions committing to two or three years of partnership upfront.
5) After submitting the partnership application, a phone interview will be scheduled to learn more about your institution and to answer your questions before confirming partnership.
Please contact Matt Rubinoff, by email
or phone at (949) 329-8291 with questions.